Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

American Idol Mania

The madness of American Idol is back. It's the time of the year again where everyone will be glued to the idiot box to watch out for their favourite contestants. As always I am also a victim of this reality show and I have been watching this show since season 4. Eversince the show started, we have discovered very talented singers such as Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Hicks, Jordin Sparks and David Cook. In addition to that, not only the winners made it big even the cast offs have made it big in the music scene. To name a few such as Kellie Pickler, Justin Guarini, Jennifer Hudson, Katharine McPhee, Kristy Lee Cook, Clay Aiken and many more... After watching this show for 4 seasons now, I am quite surprised that I am still not tired of it. Maybe its because of the fact that most of the time I skip the Top 24 performances. O yeah, this year the have opted for something different there will no longer be top 24. Instead, the producers have increased the number to 36. I really hope this won't be long, draggy and boring.. Anyway, these are the few contestants of top 36 for this season whom made an impression on me both bad and good.. I hope those who are talented will make it to top 12 and rock the stage!!!.. Otherwise, be gone for good!! O yeah, do watch the first group in action tonight! :) Star World, Astro Channel 711

Von Smith also known for having a big voice.. Hmm.. Many people commented on his looks.. I think that will bring him forward to the next round,Unfortunately... :P


Taylor Vaifuana.. Ah ha, now I like this girl. At first,I thought she looked kinda weird but I grew to like her.. A contestant to look out for.. She reminds me of Jordin Sparks though...


Tatiana Del Toro.. Whoever watched Hollywood week will never forget her.. Well 3 words " I hate her" and 2 more " Drama Queen".. I think the judges desperately needed to increase the ratings for the show to include such a clown.. Singing Talent-wise.. Err.. Just Ok.


Stevie Wright... I liked her the second I saw her during the auditions. She looks like a nice person and of course great talent in singing.. Hmm.. I think she has a chance to make it to top 12...

Scott Macintyre.. He reminds me of Adrea Bocelli and I respect him for his determination. Despite having sight problems, he is able to play the piano and possesses a great voice. I think America will like him. It will be interesting to see him make it to top 12.. Hmm.. I am routing for you!!

Nick Mitchell.. After shufting down into my system that Tatiana girl.. here comes Nick Micthell.. Hmm.. he can sing.. but he needs to be more serious.. and you don't have to make it so obvious that you are gay. I respect you for who you are but I hope you will be more serious orelse you'll be in danger..


Nathaniel Marshall... I dunno what style you call this.. but despite having that kinda looks he can sing.. hahaha.. but he style is too gawdy to my liking..



Michael Sarver.. Okay.. I like people like him.. Simple and talented.. He doesn't look like a pop star but he is really talented.. Even all the judges liked him especially Paula.. He is the underdog of the show. I hope America will vote for talent more than looks alone.. and I have also learnt that we shouldn't judge a book by its cover..

Megan Cockrey.. Isn't she cute..?? Aaawww just look at her.. Haha. anyway this is another contestant to look out for.. With good looks and talent, you'll be surprised how well she will do in this show.. but it's too early to tell.. but she's cute!!!




Jesse Langseth.. I don't remember where was she from.. and how old is she again? Hmm.. she might just surprise us.. Everyone will say she looks old but I will not comment on her appearance.. She might just be the underdog of the show..


Jasmine Murray... If I am not wrong, she is doing this for her family.. To help improve their living environment.. I hope she will make it big though.. because she can sing as well.. Hmm...


Alexis Grace... I remember this girl for her pink hair.. She didn't make much of an impression until I watched her on the final day of Hollywood week.. and the reason why I like her is because she is a country artist.. I know I am being bias here.. but the truth is she has a great voice.. Watch out for this one too..



Alex Wagner... He looks nerdy and all but... Go nerds!!! Show the world that you'll are not only made of books and calculators!! Everyone is speculating about the judges' choice of choosing him over the other 'ghost movie guy'.. I think he has a better voice than the other guy and he reminds me of Clay Aiken..


Adam Lambert.. This guy really rocks!!! If I am not wrong he was the one who sang Disturbia.. I really liked his rendition of Disturbia.. This guy will definitely make it to Top 12.. Just watch him and you'll see how easily he advances from one stage to another..

ORANGE : Good Impression
GREEN : Neutral
RED: Bad Egg!!

Another Post by DominicVick~

No comments: