Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, December 19, 2008

Movie Premiere of "Australia"

18/12/2008 ~ Went to Pavillion to watch the movie premiere (or should I call it a sneak preview??) of "Australia" starring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman. Nicole Kidman was raised in Australia whilst Hugh Jackman was an Australian. Oh yeah, I would like to thank Brandon Marshmallow XD for being so generous to invite me and my hammy to watch the premiere. The combination of that little boy and my dear to watch the movie has made it such a great experience filled with laughther and joy. I first got to know him when I taught him in form 1. He is no longer a small boy now..He was teaching me the best way to drink a glass of wine. Hahhaaha.. You cannot help but to admit that you are getting older eventhough how much you don't want to acknowledge it. All in all the movie was great. If I were to rate the movie I will give it a 7 out of 10. I read reviews on Nicole's bad acting in this movie but she wasn't that bad at all in this movie. In fact, she did quite a good job playing the role as an English Woman. In addition to that, the movie which was directed by Baz Lurhmann did bring out the true essence of Australia as one will be able to experience the wilderness and the extreme environment of the continent which is isolated far away at the Southern Hemisphere.

The movie also described how the aborigines were suppressed and mistreated by the "European Immigrants" . Something that I have heard before in my Environmental Science class last semester with Dr Cathy Yule and she was an Australian-Caucasian herself. The ending was a very touching one where it stated that Australia is the homeland of the aborigines and the European settlers..I really enjoyed the movie although I was terribly hungry during the movie as I didn't have my dinner before the movie as I was rushing to Pavillion and thank god I reached there right on time!!! Below are some of the pictures I managed to take.... Enjoy~!!!


The Poster of "Australia"- On local screens by 25.12.2008



The Premiere Tickets




And here they are again.. Mine and hammy's...




Lil Brandon and me.. Hahahaha.. Posers!!



Dear/Hammy and me...


On the stage... We were taking pictures basically anywhere we could find a good spot for a picture..



And here we are again.. *Itchified tone* >.<


Brandon and his mum... Thanks Aunty!!

One word... " THX"

Hahahahaha... Told ya.. we were taking pictures everyhwere we went...



:)

Ooo yeah when the movie ended , Hammy and me were dead hungry so we went to Uma Rani ( Mamak Restaurant) to have our laaaattttteeeee dinnnerrrrr...

Go Australia!!! Hahaha...
*
Another Post by DominicVick~

No comments: