Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year 2009 !!!!


HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009 !!!!!!




~ WE WELCOME THE YEAR OF THE OX ~







Took this picture with Galvin when the clock struck 12 O'Clock... We were standing at the mini square in between The Curve and Cineleisure... Everyone was busy spraying foam/confetti on each other and shouting Happy New Year !!! The feeling was great.. But.. for the first time in my life, I started to think a lot.. While everyone was shouting, I was thinking of whatever I have done for the year 2008. Reflecting on the mistakes and righteous deeds that I have commited.. I guess I start to think more maturely now and have the understanding that New Year is not all about celebrations alone but it is also a time to reflect and think of ways on how to begin a new chapter of your life...


So, I started to watch the fireworks display.. While I look at the beauty of the colours and patterns being splashed onto a dark night's sky, I can't help but feeling relieved that I have made it another year.. We always complain that life is difficult.. It's true.. but have you ever thought that the every second you complaint, you are also living another second longer. Basically, it is how you look at life..




This was taken before it became a gigantic star.. * I know I have done many mistakes in life.. I asked myself whether what I am doing now is a mistake? Is doing something that you like a crime?.. It's not like I have break the rules or anything.. I am just being myself.. But the problem is.. being yourself sometimes mean that you have to go against other's will.. Make the right decision, Victor.. Only you know yourself best!* I was troubled that moment but I was also embracing it...



This was before the finale.. The skies were lit by the brightness of the fireworks display when it bloomed.. * Maybe whatever I am doing now is the right thing.. Something that will not only make me happy but also light my way to a happier life *



This was the best shot I managed to take before the red flower blossomed ... * You need to make an effort Victor orelse whatever you've done will all go to waste and you won't be able to rip the fruits of your labour *- I wish that my loved ones ( Family, Partner and Friends) be safe and happy always...



This was how the road sandwiched by Ikano and The Curve looked like that night. It was flooded with people of all races and backgrounds. One thing they had in common, all of them were there to have fun and have the best experience of their lives. It was nice to see how people of different races get together and have fun. This is how Malaysia should be like and this is how we should act as well in developing our country; Not during celebrations alone...

The stage where popular Malaysian artistes came to sing and countdown to the new year.. Only god knows how many people were there that night. This was taken 30 minutes after midnight and there were still many behind me not to mention those lingering around in other places.. but the excitement was still there and everyone was still dancing away and spraying foam on each other. The sight of it made me smile. I even thought of buying a box of those sprays and start spraying on those who sprayed me... But damn!! I couldn't find the vendor.. Haha.. Ryan came and he was the one accompanying me while I took these pictures. Its always nice to capture moments where people are having fun.



Since we lost the Galvin's groupof friends, Ryan and I decided to chillout at The Apartment. We had Peach and Strawberry Pavlova for dessert... Hahaha.. something funny happened when we were there.. Someone kissed my hand.. It was a girl whom I didn't know.. Basically, there was this group of 'kids' I call them.. playing a game and it so happened that this girl lost and the punishment was to wish me a Happy New Year and kiss my hand.. Hahaha.. I stoned there for a moment.. I can't take surprises well you know.. It takes a second or two before the information kicks into my brains.. Slow reaction I suppose.. I wished them a Happy New Year and we toasted.



This is what we had for cocktail... Sex on the beach... Although it was only me and Ryan , I was beginning to enjoy my stay there as I started to find my inner peace.. but Mr Ryan must ruin it by asking me countless times why I was so quiet that night...He told me that people should be excited during New Years.. I was happy... Really happy as a matter of fact.. It is just that I was expressing it in a different way.. But now come to think of it, after all the reflecting I was sad for a moment there.. Anyway, it was a great chillout place although I had a little boy next to me keep asking me questions and the group at the back of me laughing and shouting while they continued playing their game.. Yet, I managed to find my inner peace.. How? I wonder...



And this is how Ikano looked like after the celebrations.. A massive rubbish dump!! Hahahaa... Happy New Year everyone..!!! I hope you too had a great New Year's Eve !




Thoughts of DominicVick for the New Year ~

No comments: