Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, January 5, 2009

Of Paint Brushes and Renovations..

Chinese New Year is approaching and here I am in my house taking a day off from painting.. Seriously, I really dislike painting judging from the amount of cleaning you have to do and the precision of painting when it comes to the sides and small corners. On top of that, my house is filled with the smell of paint. Mum and I bought the Nippon Odourless paint which was odourless.. Unfortunately, we bought the undercoat paint which stinked to the max overpowering the odourless paint. I told mum " Ma, what's the use of buying that odourless paint when the undercoat stinks like hell..It's like fighting fire with paper"and I have to sleep with the smell for 2 nights now. I am opening the windows of my room in hopes that the smell will go away. Guys out there, any advise on how to eliminate the smell of kerosene/thinner? Hmm... Despite all the complaints about painting the house, I am quite excited to see the end result this coming Chinese New Year as my room will be undergoing some minor renovations. I am adding more bookshelves and a TV panel and not to forget a TV Panel for my hall as well.. There goes my trip to Australia.. Hahaha.. but I rather sacrifice it for the sake of my house...When everything is done, I am more than happy enough to show you guys the BEFORE and AFTER renovation pictures.


Oo yeah.. On New Year's Day, I went out with mum to Ikano AGAIN to have our lunch.. We had our lunch in this Nyonya restaurant. Highly recommend it though. The food was great and the price was reasonable and not to mention, great presentation. I was expecting it to taste like how a wannabe Nyonya restaurant would serve but it turned out to be great! So, don't say I didn't share great places to dine out with you guys, eh? XD

The cans of paint...

The mess I have created... XD



Nasi Kuning with Chicken Curry.. I love the presentation of this dish.



Vick's Pick for the best Nyonya food : Seri Penang @ Ikano.. Next to Ace Hardware.



Another post by DominicVick~

No comments: